Countdown timer

Jarvo 20:52 08 Mar 04

Hi

I would like to put a countdown timer on a site Iam building that counts down the time from visitors current time to a known date and time in dd/hh/mm format. just cant find any info anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Jarvo

Taran 22:06 08 Mar 04

Go to Google click here and use this as your search query:

javascript countdown

You'll get more returns than you know what to do with for scripts that display a day/date/time of an event that is approaching which counts down by the second on your page while your cisitors are looking at it.

Jarvo 19:47 09 Mar 04

sorted

sorry if it seemed a daft question but I am in the middle of three assighnments and I tend to go off a wandering if I do a web search, also was not sure if java script was the best solution

Many thanks again

Jarvo

Ps when are they promoting you to deputy FE? ;o)

jgosden 20:05 09 Mar 04

click here

or
click here

i think that is what you want!

jgosden 20:05 09 Mar 04

i agree you really should be promoted to deputy fe

Taran 21:00 09 Mar 04

Well thanks [I think] for the thought, but no thanks at the same time.

Our current FE does a sterling job on his own and long may that continue.

Even if there was such a position as a deputy FE, believe me when I say this, I'm the LAST person you'd want doing it. I'm the last person I'd want doing it anyway.

I can guarantee from the outset that I'd be woefully unsuited to FEing. I've not got the temperament [or the inclination].

I'm off for a lie down before I start having nightmares about it.

I'm sure the mere prospect would scare the PCA staff and probably half the site members almost as much as it would me.

Nope - I'll stick to answering questions, thanks.

Far less complicated and, I suspect, a lot more fun.

T

jgosden 21:36 09 Mar 04

point made, but you seem to answer a lot of questions. however FEing probably isn't as easy as it looks (and i'm not saying it looks easy)

PurplePenny 23:59 09 Mar 04

That's 'cos' our Mr T is the one that knows the answers :-) Now me, I look at the questions and think "Paaaaaaaniiiic! I hope Taran gets here soon!". We'd be lost without him. We'd be lost without FE too.

PP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac