couldn't open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti

sexyshari 10:03 08 Oct 04

I set about installing Win XP pro back on my computer. All was going well, I deleted the existing partitions, selected to create a new one, and setup proceded to format the hard drive and setup windows.

I got to the point where setup restarts the PC the first time.

The PC started up fine with the Compaq splash screen appearing, followed by the "Press any key to boot from CD" message.

I didn't press anything, so to let the setup continue but horror! An error message popped up:

couldn't open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)

NTLDR: couldn't open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)

I didn't have a clue what this meant, but as soon as I pressed anything the PC restarted, and got back to the "Press any key to boot from CD" message again - If I don't do this then the NTLDR message reappears, but if I press a key, it goes back into Windows setup.

So I am in a vicious loop unable to do anything!!

I've searched the net for some answers but don't really know what to do??

smokingbeagle² 11:47 08 Oct 04

click here|Microsoft%20Windows%20XP%20Professiona%20l&source=15U1-1001A-WWEN.xml&dt=21"%20target="_blank">click here

smokingbeagle² 11:54 08 Oct 04

"click here|Microsoft%20Windows%20XP%20Professiona%20l&source=15U1-1001A-WWEN.xml&dt=21"%20target="_blank">click here"

smokingbeagle² 12:06 08 Oct 04

email me and I'll send you the PDF as an attachment. Worth reading to check that you've not missed something.

pj123 12:37 08 Oct 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…