Could you take a look at my Vista site please?

Jimmy14 17:30 08 Feb 07

It is intended for first time computer buyers, enthusiasts who wish to know more about Vista or want to know more information before purchasing it and to have information on the current available drivers.
click here
Please visit the Vista Page, Office 2007 page and Vista Drivers Page and tell me what you think, it would be appreciated.

James

mco 17:45 08 Feb 07

It's an unusual mix of serious (Vista) and personal/fun (password protected pics; games) If you want it to be a serious site you need first to get paid hosting and second to focus just on the one aspect - not put all your interests onto one site. A few punctuation errors, but for me, one of the main things was the time it took to load up.

Jimmy14 18:41 08 Feb 07

It was intended to be serious so all the pages considered personal are now deleted. It was quick loading up for me.

fourm member,

What graphics are you referring to? You will find that there are hundreds of sites out there with vista packaging on them, especially Wikipedia and Vista sites. Would you trust the site now without any personal pages? The you-tube videos were just to try but they are gone now. The copyright notice under the you-tube videos was not intended for that.

mco 21:59 08 Feb 07

Yes it's better without the personal stuff but you still wouldn't trust a site made by Freewebs and which has their advertising on it. You need an apostrophe for Microsoft's and I would get rid of the smiley too. Oh, and get rid of the 'Both picture pages are unavailable' news. (There are spelling errors on other pages as well) I don't understand why the Anti-Virus page is password protected by the way.

Jimmy14 13:13 09 Feb 07

It was only to pass the time and I don't get the advertising with my ad blocker. I forgot to change the anti-virus page to allow everyone to use it when I made it but I fixed it.

Forum Editor 22:26 09 Feb 07

are copyright-protected, and the company does not allow the use of its icons in advertising, in books and other printed matter, on clothing or other promotional items, in online and Internet locations, in software applications, in television programs, in commercials, in films, or on videotape.

Microsoft fiercely protects its icons and images, and unless you have obtained a copyright release from the company you must NOT use their trademarks or icons on your site. If you do, you may find yourself getting a 'cease and desist' letter from a Microsoft lawyer, and if you ignore that you'll find yourself in court.

You may use screenshots from Microsoft software, with the exception of boot-up or splash screens, and any screenshot that's printed or displayed on a website MUST be accompanied by the following copyright attribution:-

"Microsoft product screen shot(s) reprinted with permission from Microsoft Corporation."

If you want to link from your site to a Microsoft Web page, any reference to the Microsoft company name or product names should appear in a simple font and format and you should use appropriate words, such as "This way to Microsoft.com" or "Click here for more information on Microsoft Office." You may not use the Microsoft corporate logo alone, or any other Microsoft graphic or logo to make these links, unless you use a Microsoft Link Logo.

Please don't ignore these restrictions - you may find a Microsoft legal department envelope dropping through your letterbox.

Is it still there I can't get it to appear at all :(

Found it!
I have a 17" widescreen laptop and on that the background is tiled to the right side (as you look at the screen) which doesn't look so good, if that helps.

simon_lambert 15:41 16 Feb 07

I clicked on MS Office in your web-site, and its got a dark grey bg, and black writing. Sort it out mate!

Jimmy14 23:09 16 Feb 07

Very sorry. Was messing around with website templates and didn't notice that issue. Changed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…