//some 3rd party need geo

Could you read this please?

Forum Editor 15:19 05 Feb 05

We are seeing an increase in forum traffic of late, and an increase in the number of threads with meaningless titles.

The whole idea of the title box is that you can type something which will give an indication of the subject - "Problem with Word templates" for example. The reason we need this is two-fold:-

1. It helps forum members to spot problems where they might be able to offer help.

2. It enables other people to read the thread in the future - by searching the archive for keywords ('Word' and 'Templates').

If you give the thread a meaningless title like "HELP!!!!!" or "What's the problem?" or "Aaaaargghhh!!" it not only irritates regular helpers, but it makes your thread useless for future use - nobody will ever find it in the archive. Some people think that if they give their thread a mysterious title they'll attract attention and get some rapid action and they're right..... in future I'm going to start deleting such threads on sight.

Please understand that we're all here to help each other; meaningless thread titles help nobody.

stalion 15:24 05 Feb 05

well done F.E. needed saying

mattyc_92 15:26 05 Feb 05

I agree... I am starting to see loads of "Help Me!!!! Please" or "Anyone Help with this question....." but the question isn't in the title...

I have also noticed the other day a thread posted to a individual (someone posted a hijackthis log to Nellie2)... I can understand why some people may do this, but after a while it does intend to become anoying...

march 15:26 05 Feb 05

read it & fully agree,

Hamish 15:29 05 Feb 05

Fully agree

end 15:32 05 Feb 05

read and agreed:)

JIM 15:37 05 Feb 05

totaly agree for the good of the forum.

esbe 15:39 05 Feb 05

And about time too.
cheers.

MichelleC 15:44 05 Feb 05

And if ME is the os can people put it in the title too so I know to avoid it.

Buchan 35 15:44 05 Feb 05

Spot on FE

Diemmess 15:45 05 Feb 05

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…