Could security alerts be linked to Nero?

Sapins 08:51 01 Apr 04

Hi all,

I have been attempting to download updates from the Nero site for a few days now, finally succeeded last night. The thing is I kept getting the same security alert every time I connected to Nero's site, i.e. Attempt to connect to local computer by "Sokets de Trois v1 Trojan Horse".

This morning I looked at a lot of sites, including this forum as usual, no problem but, as soon as I connected to Nero up comes the security warning, same Trojan Horse, is this entirely co-incidence?

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 08:52 01 Apr 04

Forgot to ask. What is this particular Trojan Horse and what does it do if it gets in a system?

User-312386 08:57 01 Apr 04

it is not a coincidence although your ant-virus scanner is reading the "pop up" incorectly.

I have XPSP2(version 2096) and it sees the nero site for instalation as a potential download popup and blocks it

I would not worry about that as some anti-virus can read by mistake as "Sokets de Trois"

Old Shep 09:00 01 Apr 04

Someone posted a thread earlier this week complaining about access to Nero update site and could not download from it. I tried and gave up but no virus alert. They may have a problem with the site.

Sapins 10:09 01 Apr 04

Hi madboy33©® and Old Shep, I had not connected this with my anti virus scanner, Norton, so I suppose some of the other alerts I have been getting could be similar.

As to the thread on Nero being slow and nearly impossible to access I posted that thread. I kept going and last night I managed to download all the "Packages" for Nero v6, took a few goes though.

Old Shep 10:13 01 Apr 04

Cheers at least your sorted. On modem I gave up trying.

Sapins 11:01 01 Apr 04

One other thing, can anyone tell me the difference between the usual download and taking it in HTTP format, I had to take the first 2 ordinarily and the second 2 by HTTP.

Sapins 16:23 01 Apr 04

Just to say thanks again for your help, It's nice to know what is causing a problem.

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…