Could not load OpenGL

s99Raj 23:06 06 Feb 04

I've just installed a clean version of XP Professional onto a 1000 MHz Pc with 128 KB of RAM, and am trying to run thhe game "Call of Duty".

The message I get up is "Could not load OpenGL".

The graphics card is a 3dfx Voodoo3 and I've tried going to the website of 3dfx and voodoofiles but can't find anything that will work.

The cover on the game says that the game needs DirectX 9.0b which I have loaded and also says that it supports the following chipsets : ATI Radeon, nVidia GeForce and Matrox Parhelia cards.

Does this mean that a new graphics card will solve the problem? If so, which is the cheapest anyone can recommend that will allow me to play the game?

Cheers.

ton 23:15 06 Feb 04

I think this might help click here

gudgulf 23:28 06 Feb 04

Another thing to note is that windows xp does not natively support opengl. So you need to ma
ke sure you have a graphics card that does

If you want to do Call Of Duty or any other up-to -date game justice,you really need to get an up-to-date graphics card!.You should also check the minimum spec for the games because,sadly, your core pc spec is below what many new games require !
If gaming is a priority you really need to condider an upgrade --time for a new pc :0(((

s99Raj 08:30 07 Feb 04

I tried the suggestion from "ton" which says to alter the line DVA=0 in the win.ini file, but DVA=0 doesn't exist on my PC.

I doubt I need to go and buy a new PC - why not just a new graphics card? The PC's only 2/3 years old. The rest of the specs seem fine.

Any recommendations on a graphics card?

gudgulf 23:04 07 Feb 04

Call of duty is a resource hungry beast,as are most of the latest crop of games---All I'm trying to say is be aware that your system is at the bottom end of minimum requirements for these games.

As for a good graphics card--that depends what you want to spend.If I were you I would be looking online for a just out-of-date gforce4 4200,which is a very fast card for the money--Have a good look through the graphics card reviews at click here

Call of Duty is used as one of the benchmarks in some of the reviews.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…