Could a DVD corrupt ones graphics Drivers?

wee eddie 23:03 05 Jun 04

Just recently I tried to play an .MPEG file and got sound but no vision, so I tried the same with .rm and got the same.

I downloaded the latest drivers, but owing to my incompetence I could not load them successfully so I decided to go back to an earlier point and do a Restore.

There followed a day by day analysis of what I had been doing and I concluded that the first oddity that I had noticed was when I played a rented Video.

So I restored to a point before that and all is now working well. I think!

The video was "Master and Commander" and it played using Media Player rather than the normal DVD software.

Night Ryder 02:00 06 Jun 04

I experienced a similar problem recently when trying to capture video. I got sound but a blank screen. This happened shortly after I upgraded my video card software drivers. I went to the add remove software list in control pannel and noticed there were two entries for the graphics card. I deleted both and installed the update and everything is now working. May not be related to your problem, but worth checking.

I experienced a similar problem recently when trying to capture video. I got sound but a blank screen. This happened shortly after I upgraded my video card software drivers. I went to the add remove software list in control pannel and noticed there were two entries for the graphics card. I deleted both and installed the update and everything is now working. May not be related to your problem, but worth checking.

Night Ryder 02:07 06 Jun 04

Sorry for duplicated message. Internet Explorer just went nuts and I had to force a shut down.

wee eddie 17:22 06 Jun 04

or should I look for another cause

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…