Could this be a virus

PhiltheFragger 09:29 06 Aug 06

Mesh Athlon 64 3000 cpu. Works normally in my docs, email and internet(56K Dialup), word etc. But when you enter control panel, My Computer and Windows explorer, the picture on screen starts shaking violently so you cant read the content.

Have updated to the latest Nvidea drivers.

Norton 2006 is installed, but the owner didnt renew the sub after the initial trial period.

Trying to put avg/spybot on it, but having trouble coz of picture shake

Any idea

Fragger

rawprawn 09:39 06 Aug 06

Try a system file scan go to Start/Run/type sfc /scannow (wtach the space between sfc and /) & hit enter, you will need your XP CD (I am assuming XP)

Diemmess 10:09 06 Aug 06

When you DO get around to installing AVG and a firewall, download (save)the files first to say your desktop but do not install yet.

Go offline from the net.
Uninstall Norton starting with its own uninstaller, if it has one, or using Control Panel add/remove programs.
Then take a look and remove any folders or files with a Norton flavour.

Now you should be able to install AVG from the saved file, and a fire wall (home version of Zone Alarm)?

Once AVG is installed you can scan your computer,then go back online.
Download Spybot and whatever else you want.

Getting rid of Norton offline, will avoid a clash because Norton can be very reluctant to go and being offline until you are covered by AVG is commonsense!

PhiltheFragger 13:39 06 Aug 06

Turned out to be a dodgy wireless keyboard

Well I never !!!

Cheers
Chaps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…