could anyone help me choose a printer?

xalemo 11:10 09 Apr 05

Hi all,
I currently have a Canon i550 but I am not too happy with the results I get. I use photoshop to design dvd covers and the Canon cannot reproduce very well gradients, layer effects such as glow or shine...Prints out of gradients look really dirty no matter the paper. I use Canon branded ink.
I would also need to print on cd/dvd.
My initial idea was to go to pcworld or else with a file and get some sample printed out to help me decide. Unfortunately, none of them do it. PCW claims they do not have enough pc to make it possible.PCW advised me to get in touch with the manufacturers and buy from PCW when I have decided which one. What happened to customer service?

I am ready to invest around £200

Thanks!

chesterfield 11:32 09 Apr 05

Ive had 2 Epson printers and they have both been great. I currently have the Epson Perfection 1260 which retails at around £65. I can also recommend a company who sell ink on Ebay - 24/7 Ink, who will sell you 3 sets of colour and 3 sets of black cartridges for this machine for about £10. Yes thats £10 as opposed to about £150 for the Epson versions.

Charence 11:33 09 Apr 05

This looks quite good click here

Slightly above your price range but the print quality of colour laser printers are really good. I think an Epson C900 costs around £200 ex.VAT from Makro. But at the moment many cheaper lasers only allow plain A4 to be used, no photo paper, etc.

Charence

xalemo 12:02 09 Apr 05

Thanks guys,
The canon ip5000 looks good indeed.
I could not find info on the c900 saying it prints on cds.
I was also looking at the epson r800, anyone knows this model?

pj123 12:51 09 Apr 05

The Epson R200 and R300 both print direct to CD/DVD. I have the R200 and have no problems with it at all. Compatible ink from Choice Stationery at click here

A look at the spec for these printer from

click here and

click here

The only difference between these two printers is the R300 has a card reader built-in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…