Cost calculator

ukmale65000 14:06 PM 07 Apr 13

I would like to add a section to my website, where customers can input a start time and an end time and for the site to display a cost. My hourly costs are fixed so the customer would be offered a drop down box with the start time and a drop down box with an end time and based on the difference between the two the cost would be displayed. Is this possible ? I don't mind writing a line of text for each possible calculation, just not sure where to start

Forum Editor 16:56 PM 08 Apr 13

Surely the easiest way of doing this is to provide a simple list - start with the hourly cost and then list multiples.

1 hour costs £20 2 hours cost £40 and so on. In site design the best way is usually the simple way, there's nothing to be gained by over-complicating simple tasks. People are usually pretty good when it comes to working out how much something will cost them.

pl1700 23:46 PM 31 May 13

Agreed, KISS (Keep It Simple Sam) is the best approach. Make it so simple a 5 year old could figure it out. That is what will get the most people in the door.

elsalvador 16:56 PM 12 Aug 13

yep totally agree with everyone else, keep it simple and easy to use!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11