Cost???

henza_mapenza 14:10 29 Feb 04

I am using dial-up and am using the internet a lot. I am just wondering if there is a tool that can either monitor the data downloading to your pc and if there is no activity for, lets say 5 minutes, automatically disconnect. Or whether there is a tool you can download which tells you exactly how much it costs using pay as you go while surfing the net. I wrote this because the telephone bills are a bit heavy and ae getting heavier. I just want something that can remind me to not go on it so often.

Diodorus Siculus 14:24 29 Feb 04

click here for one option.

A better option if possible is to get an "anytime" connection. These can be available for as little as £7 / month - do you know how much you spend per month on internet calls?

hugh-265156 14:30 29 Feb 04
  leo49 14:30 29 Feb 04

Tick is pretty good - easy to setup and use.

click here

Diodorus Siculus 14:36 29 Feb 04

I'll second that for Tick; I had forgotten about it but used it when I was on PAYG.

spuds 17:21 29 Feb 04

Why not convert to something like Tiscali 3x ASDL service at £15.99 per month.This may help you budget much better!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…