Corupt DVD-R's?

spikeeee 13:29 12 Jun 04

Hi, ive recently had problems with XP freezing randomly and i tried everything and could not get it back to normal, (see XP freezes ramdomly thread posted by jonny rocker, ive got a post in there).

so i backed up my computer using my new DVD writer, a BTC 8x Duel writer, and 4x verbatim - DVD-R's, and reinstalled XP pro SP1.

Now when i come to get the data back off my DVD-R's i can see the data files, although odd one is unreconized, and when i click on them it either freezes explorer (and the only way to get out of it is to end task explorer.exe and the restart it). managed to get one pik file off it and the bottom half is missing =S

I used nero 6 to burn the DVDs and that showed no problems at all during the burns...

Is there anything i can do?

Thanks

Spike

THE TERMINATOR 00:56 13 Jun 04

click here and scan the disk. TT

i have that writer, get use to to it dose it alot, its great fun!!!!!

SEASHANTY 11:21 13 Jun 04

Most likely nothing wrong with the Verbatim 4x DVD-R discs. I use them all the time and they are one of the best makes on the market for quality. That's why they are more expensive. You have probably not backed up correctly.

spikeeee 11:20 16 Jun 04

I backed up RAR and ACE archives, MP3's and installation programs, using nero 6, created a data disk and did it how i normally back up...except this time it did not wrk and although i can see the files they cannot be accessed, have been able to recover a few files using ISO buster but im still unable to read the rest.

Is there anything else i can try?

thanks for your responses so far

Spike =D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…