Corsair Memory with ASUS A7N8X, will it work?

BlitZace 14:02 02 Jun 03

I have decided to upgrade the memory on my system, and for some time have been particulary interested in purchasing some new RAM from Corsair. I have an ASUS A7N8X Motherboard, and an AMD Athlon 3000 CPU. At the moment I have 2x512 sticks of PC2700 RAM, and I think it's running at 2.5 CAS Latency. I've heard it's significantly faster than other RAM on the market. I have noticed 3 different speeds of Corsair memory on

The fastest is this click here This runs at 217 MHZ (400/3200), with a CAS latency of 2. Would this particular RAM work with my m/b? If so, would it run at the speed of 217 MHZ, or would there be something I would have to do? I don't quite understand the different types of RAM Speed and CPU FSB, and whether they have to run at the same speed. Any advice on this would be most welcome.

I also noticed these 2 click here and click here Would buying either of these improve the performance of my system over the RAM I already have? Cheers - JT

MartinT-B 15:17 02 Jun 03

When the board first came out there were problems with some on the faster RAM.

Crucial definitely withdrew Corsair and Samsung PC3200 from their compatibility lists, but have since re-instated.

As long as you have the latest BIOS you should be okay. Even better would be one of the later boards.

click here and click here for more information

Rayuk 18:32 02 Jun 03

Getting faster ram ie pc3200 is usually for higher fsb lower multiplier.
Using PC2700 with a 333fsb cpu means it is running in sync.higher memory will cause a bottleneck.
Athlon 333fsb + PC2700 ok
Athlon 400fsb + PC3200 ok

You could try running the ram you have at cas2.

If you do go for Corsair memory in this board the best option is to get matched pairs from
Scan or to name but 2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…