Corrupted Word 2000 print

jack 20:58 27 Sep 04

Having complete a document in Wrod 220 I set about to print it.
When the print came through lines of text here and there were a single strint of word run into eachother no psacing and one line printed over another.
Thinking the driver has coorupted i switch to printer 2[I have printers installed] This print was the same.
Aftermuch reformatting of the ducument from Word to Text. Rebooting the machine. I got the doc up but with line breaks wrong. Manually editing this I eventually got it to print.
What went wrong the first time?

Djohn 22:16 27 Sep 04

Seeing that you have ruled out the printer as causing the problem it may be that Word has a corrupt file.

If you do a search from windows search, not Word search and look for files named,

Normal.doc

Delete any that are found and Word will build a new template when you reboot your PC and open Word. This should cure the problem, if not please post back to this thread and others will advise further.

VoG II 22:19 27 Sep 04

Godd advice Djohn but the file is normal.doT

VoG II 22:21 27 Sep 04

click here for some other things to try.

Djohn 22:29 27 Sep 04

Sorry to mislead you there jack. Good job that VoG™ is keeping an eye on me. ;o)

I looked at the reply several times before posting thinking that something was not quite right but for the life of me, I couldn't see the mistake. :o(

jack 09:40 28 Sep 04

Thank you both for that
I shall give it a try and see whats what.
Looking at my triping[?] perhaps my keyboard
could do with a drop of WD40 or I should take more water with it- which?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…