Corrupted User Profile and associated problems

MatElstead 16:16 01 Apr 03

After loading my Windows XP I received a 'User Environment' message to say that my User Profile could not be loaded and may be corrupted - I was logged on with a temporary profile. I then found all sorts of changes had taken place, not only in my Start Menu and Desktop information but I could not use System Restore or Last Known Good Configuration to get back to when the system worked OK. I'd also lost my e-mail connection through Outlook Express including all mail messages and address book. I've since changed my User Profile and sorted out Desktop, Start Menu and Documents and Settings, but I still can't get System Restore or find my e-mails and address book. Norton Antivirus tells me I don't have a virus and I also run Norton Personal Firewall. Can anyone tell me what went wrong and how I can recover System Restore, and my e-mails etc ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…