Corrupted Images?

NETCHRIS 18:48 09 Jun 09

Recently, I've been noticing a few corrupt image files. It seems as though that ever since a month ago I've been getting a few photos from my camera (Nikon D40, using a Fujifilm SD card 1 GB) that are fine on the camera and are fine when they are imported, however, after a week or so I find some corrupted. Out of approximately 200 photos I have taken recently, 4 of them appear to be corrupted. The image files corrupted are usually half grey, or morph another photo right into it.

I don't know what this is being caused by, and there is no way to get the photo back to it's original state. I'm running Vista on a Dell Dimension E520 PC. I'm wondering, is it the hard-drive? I havn't seen any other photos corrupted but ones taken by my D40.

- Thanks

- Chris

Pineman100 18:52 09 Jun 09

I would try reformatting the memory card in your camera. Make sure you've copied all the images off it before you do this. The formatting will destroy all data on the card.

mooly 18:56 09 Jun 09

Might be worth running chk disc to scan for bad sectors on the HDD.
In Vista it's "Computer" then right click the drive in question and select properties, then tools and error checking. Make sure both boxes are ticked. If the drive also contains the operating system a check will be scheduled for the next reboot. Might take an hour or so to run.

NETCHRIS 19:19 09 Jun 09

Pineman100, I reformat my memory card constantly so that if I accidentally delete data on the card, shadow copies will be available.

Mooly, ah yes I should of thought of that myself!

I'll let you know the results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5