Corrupted Browser(s)

adhere 22:46 12 Aug 04

I am using IE and Mozilla Firefox as browsers but it appears that both are suffering some form of corruption.

Two or three months ago I decided to explore the use of javascript and installed this in a separate directory. However, a short while after I began to experience see some additional text on web pages in both browsers.

I have uninstalled the javascript directory and removed and re-installed Firefox (which I am using now) but the problem still occurs. See example below which appears under the "Vote Now" box on this page.

document.write(' \/SCR' + 'IPT>');

Sometimes, especially on opening web pages, the whole page is nearly full with this type of text, and sometimes I find that response boxes on web pages don'function.

How can I correct this?

Adhere

johnnyrocker 23:41 12 Aug 04

you dont state os but is system restore available.?

johnny.

Valvegrid 07:05 13 Aug 04

I didn't know you could get JavaScript as a seperate plugin for either browser, Java Sun yes, but JavaScript?

Valvegrid 07:10 13 Aug 04

Ooops, maybe you can.

Pesala 07:22 13 Aug 04

Just under the Vote Now Box.

<script>document.write('<SCR' + 'IPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="click here;sz=120x600;ord='+myRandomNumber+'?"><\/SCR' + 'IPT>');

What I see in Opera is an advert for laptops at Amazon.com. If you see something else, it would seem to be a Javascript problem. Have you disabled it perhaps?

Pesala 07:24 13 Aug 04

but I don't see any source code.

adhere 23:42 16 Aug 04

Pesala,

Have checked that Javascript is enabled, but enabled or disabled does not appear to have any affect.

---------------------------
johnnyrocker,

OS is XP Home and one of the first things I tried was system restore back to the date when I first installed Java. This was when I was only using IE but it did not cure the problem which shows on both IE and Mozilla Firefox.

Adhere

woodchip 23:47 16 Aug 04

If you have a full XP disc the first thing to do is put the disc in comp, Go to Start\Run and type

SFC /SCANNOW and run it, then look at the brower after the system files are checked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…