Corrupted Browser(s)

adhere 22:46 12 Aug 04

I am using IE and Mozilla Firefox as browsers but it appears that both are suffering some form of corruption.

Two or three months ago I decided to explore the use of javascript and installed this in a separate directory. However, a short while after I began to experience see some additional text on web pages in both browsers.

I have uninstalled the javascript directory and removed and re-installed Firefox (which I am using now) but the problem still occurs. See example below which appears under the "Vote Now" box on this page.

document.write(' \/SCR' + 'IPT>');

Sometimes, especially on opening web pages, the whole page is nearly full with this type of text, and sometimes I find that response boxes on web pages don'function.

How can I correct this?

Adhere

johnnyrocker 23:41 12 Aug 04

you dont state os but is system restore available.?

johnny.

Valvegrid 07:05 13 Aug 04

I didn't know you could get JavaScript as a seperate plugin for either browser, Java Sun yes, but JavaScript?

Valvegrid 07:10 13 Aug 04

Ooops, maybe you can.

Pesala 07:22 13 Aug 04

Just under the Vote Now Box.

<script>document.write('<SCR' + 'IPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="click here;sz=120x600;ord='+myRandomNumber+'?"><\/SCR' + 'IPT>');

What I see in Opera is an advert for laptops at Amazon.com. If you see something else, it would seem to be a Javascript problem. Have you disabled it perhaps?

Pesala 07:24 13 Aug 04

but I don't see any source code.

adhere 23:42 16 Aug 04

Pesala,

Have checked that Javascript is enabled, but enabled or disabled does not appear to have any affect.

---------------------------
johnnyrocker,

OS is XP Home and one of the first things I tried was system restore back to the date when I first installed Java. This was when I was only using IE but it did not cure the problem which shows on both IE and Mozilla Firefox.

Adhere

woodchip 23:47 16 Aug 04

If you have a full XP disc the first thing to do is put the disc in comp, Go to Start\Run and type

SFC /SCANNOW and run it, then look at the brower after the system files are checked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…