corrupted antivirus

heezy45 11:49 15 Jan 08

hi guys,
I want to install an anti virus program onto my infected pc.the anti virus is on a pen drive but gets corrupted anytime i insert it in the pc.When i bring a new one the same thing happens.my cd drive is faulty so thats the only way i can install the program.is there any way i can install from the pen drive without being corrupted?
Since you guys are gurus may be you can help as you always do.
Thanks very much in advance.

johnnyrocker 11:52 15 Jan 08

best bet i think is an on line scan to clear infection first should then be straightforward symantec has a scanner as does trend micro housecall.

johnny.

birdface 12:03 15 Jan 08

Can you open another user account and make it as administrator.You should then be able to download and run Anti-Virus programs on that.At least I could that with my grandaughters computer.Wait and see what other fixes are available first.Always worth a try if nothing else works.

heezy45 12:09 15 Jan 08

hi,the pc is not connected to the internet so i want to know how i can go about it.

johnnyrocker 12:11 15 Jan 08

that info would have been of use at the beginning, i doubt much more ideas available to you.

johnny,

mfletch 12:29 15 Jan 08

When you put a new Antivirus program on the pen drive change its name eg/ AVG/ to shoes

Also try putting this on your computer

click here

But again rename it when you put it on the pendrive,

mfletch

johnnyrocker 12:33 15 Jan 08

try getting an updated copy of 'stinger' to a floppy then run a scan with that?

johnny

Belatucadrus 15:37 15 Jan 08

click here for Dr Web CureIt, probably the most comprehensive stand alone scanner/cleaner you can stick on a flash drive.

SANTOS7 15:45 15 Jan 08

If this PC is not connected to the internet, what makes you think you have a Virus, and not sure how you could infect your PC from disc when you say CD drive is faulty...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…