corrupt video codec problem... i think.

grabster 19:04 22 Jan 05

I installed a program called Sherlock click here and that has found a problem with a few codecs that are not fully uninstalled,they are..

3IVX D4 VIDEO ENCODER...
MJPEG DECOMPRESSOR AL/BS...
NERO VIDEO ENCODER...
PINNACLEDCXX MJPEG COMPRESSOR...
XL COMPRESS...
XLD COMPRESS ...

The error states "driver file not found- probably not uninstalled corectly" Does this mean anything to anyone ?

Diodorus Siculus 19:11 22 Jan 05

SHERLOCK - The Codec Detective - FREE Codec Check Checking Utility!
click here

Is this the one?

Does all you media play ok? If not, which ones?

Irishman 19:18 22 Jan 05

Unless you're having problems playing video I wouldn't worry about it. If you are having problems download one of these click here
which will give you all the codecs you'll ever need.

grabster 19:22 22 Jan 05

Hi, i am unable to play mpegs 1 or 2,
wmp 10 / 9 doesnt play any video files at all.
winamp plays some avi,divx and vlc media player plays everything i throw at it.
the problem is i cant use win avi converter (or any other program)to convert my divx/avi to mpeg/dvd format which it should do,it complains of a "graph build error" and then departs.

if i could get wmp to play mpegs my problem would be gone.

Irishman 19:33 22 Jan 05

Try one of the packs in my previous post. If that does not solve it then you may have to uninstall and reinstall a few media programmes. Be careful when setting these up and try to keep the main one you use as the default player and open the rest of them either through programmes or by right clicking. Try not to change the file permissions too much.

grabster 19:42 22 Jan 05

Cheers Irishman , the k-lite standard codec pack fixed things . just goes to show that you shouldnt discount the obvious things.
I was sure it was more than a case of missing codec's.
Thank's Mucker.

Irishman 19:58 22 Jan 05

You're welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…