Corrupt and Unreadiable HDD

Mark McC 23:06 31 Aug 06

I have a external hdd and it started to say that it is not accessiable " The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable " is their a way or recovering the files i raly need them its my lifes pics/vids etc and backup files Please help

Mark Thanks in advance

skidzy 23:10 31 Aug 06

Mark .. ive never used an external hdd,but have you tried My Computer/Right Click the drive and select Properties and then Tools.Select Error Checking and Defrag.

Hope this helps.

Mark McC 23:20 31 Aug 06

yes when i use the disk check i select everything and then click start and it does noting it just goes away and defrag dosent come up

mac75 23:20 31 Aug 06

have you tried connecting it to another pc.

jim.

skidzy 23:26 31 Aug 06

One thing you could try Mark,Picasa2 scans all drives for photo's/music/videos etc.Maybe this can find the info and save to picasa,where you can copy them again at a later date. click here Got to admit though,its a long shot but worth a try.

mac75 23:26 31 Aug 06

you could remove the hdd from the caddy and install it inside the pc on the ide ribbon cable, setting it as slave.it's worth a try.

jim

Mark McC 08:47 01 Sep 06

Thank-You all

mac1 how would i do that and no i havent connected it to another pc . " you could remove the hdd from the caddy and install it inside the pc on the ide ribbon cable, setting it as slave.it's worth a try "

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant