Corrupt PST Win2K Outlook

JoJoh 22:23 05 Jun 06

Hi - I have a corrupt outlook 2000 pst file. I have tried to repair it with the microsoft scanpst but it does not work. In fact the scanpst notes that the file is ok. I have also tried the pst file on another computer and it still will not run. The screen hangs when outlook opens. The file is 1.3gb. Does anyone have any more ideas what I can do to fix it? It ran the first time that I ran the scanpst file but then seemed to get corrupted again. Now the inbox repair kit notes that it is ok and won't even repair it.

Jo Jo H

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:39 05 Jun 06

Bit of a long shot but run outlook express and see if you can import all the Outlook files into it.

DieSse 00:43 06 Jun 06

Try renaming it to outlok.pst (don't change the extension at this stage)

Then see if Outlook opens. If it does, then try a File Open for outlok.pst, and see what happens. If by chance it opens, then you can section by section drag the old contents into the new folders.

I went to tucows and searched for pst file repair - and there are at least 5 progs to do that - so you could try some of those.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…