Corrupt profile

Binzy 23:23 10 Jan 07

I have a desktop and laptop. Also I use HOMEPLUG for an internet connection on both. The laptop has today started to show the following message:

"Windows cannot load the local stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists contact your network administrator".

"Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to the profile willbe lost when you log off"

I have logged on three times now and got this message.

I have tried to follow the help given on creating a new user and copying files from old user to new user but am unable to locate some of the files "Ntuser.dat.log and Nt.user.ini" Also found 2 user accounts with my own name, one followed by D6QZDG2J which contains a few more files than the other account.

I am totally confused. Can anyone help me please?

recap 09:12 11 Jan 07

Look in the Event Viewer for any errors, if you click here and enter the Event ID number and Source, you may get a resolve. If not post back and somebody will help you further.

Repurr 09:14 14 Mar 07

I have just had the same problem as detailed above re corrupt profile and cannot find local profile and logging on with tem profile.

I do not now where to look to copy old files to new user and am very keen to keep all emails and contacts on outlook 2003.

I am also totally confused and need help...please!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017