Corrupt Outlook

SDJ 10:11 03 Nov 03

I seem to have a corrupt calendar within Outlook 2000.

I am suddenly unable to create new appointments, the error message is "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, if problem persists restart outlook"

I have copied the pst file to another machine and get the same error on that outlook so it must be the pst file right? The only thing is I have run scanpst and it comes back no errors found.

My inbox and contacts appear to be fine.

Removed the swen virus last week but dont think that would have caused it.
Any help will be most gratefully received

Taran 10:35 03 Nov 03

You could rename your PST file then when you start Outlook, keep clicking on OK and Open until Outlook opens in full.

It will create a new outlook.pst file in your user profile folder after objecting that there are missing folders and so on.

Obviously this will mean all of your contacts, appointments and so on will need to be imported from the renamed PST backup file, since your new outlook.pst file will just be a series of empty folders.

Try creating a new appointment in the new pst file and if it works, run the import to pull in all your old pst file contacts, appointments, calendar, emails and whatnot.

If it doesn't work, rename the new past file, and then rename your backup to outlook.pst again and we'll try something else.

SDJ 11:10 03 Nov 03

Thanks for your post.
I did exactly what you suggested but it didnt make any difference, sorry.

Any other ideas?

SDJ 11:19 03 Nov 03

I dont know if this helps but we have two calendar folders within outlook and one of them works the other (the main one) doesnt!

Taran 11:24 03 Nov 03

Do you have SP3 installed ?

There's a fix built into SP3 that alleges to counteract the issue you are having:

click here

A full list of fixes contained in SP3

click here

Further details that may help:

click here

click here

SDJ 16:10 03 Nov 03

What do you know........ I tried all of the above and none of it seemed to work, so just as I was getting ready to dispose of the computer out of the nearest window I clicked on the AutoArchive option and the computer crashed.

I rebooted and went back into Outlook and the damn thing worked!

I tried doing this on another machine (after importing the pst file) and it worked there too!

I cant think why this worked and to be honest dont really care.

Anyway, thanks for all of your suggestions at least they have the most up to date service packs etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…