Corrupt or unreadable files on diskeeper!

Bamagirl 22:27 16 Feb 09

I have a laptop installed with Window vista business and I am receiving Corrupt or unreadable files on diskeeper. Please run chkdsk utility. The problem is that you cannot finish signing on, because it restarts after it gives you this message during the initial signon. It continually restarts over and over. I have tried signing on in safe mode, but when I try to run chkdsk it says that it can not run, because the disk is being used and it asks me to schedule a scan on the next restart. However, it does not scan on the restart. I do not know if this is because it shuts down, before it completely signs on or what. Does anyone have any suggestions.

bikerider1 22:02 24 Jun 09

From the information you provided, it is hard to determine where the error may be. Diskeeper will not defragment a drive if it is in a "dirty" condition and will give you an error if the drive is in this condition. (Since data integrity is a primary concern, Diskeeper will not perform a defragmentation on a "dirty" drive.)

It appears that you may have hard drive problems and I would suggest you run the following command assuming your hard drive is drive c:

chkdsk c: /f

This should fix and errors on your drive. If this doees not work and you can get run the operating system, you can shut down the Diskeeper service by going to Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Services and stopping the Diskeeper service and setting the start mode to manual. This will shut down Diskeeper and allow you to fix the problems with your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…