corrupt office 2000

stourry 09:16 19 Dec 03

a few days ago my ofice package started playing up when i tried to change the font the drop down menu was blank and then the windows xp pro error reporting box would come up if i chose not to report it shuts the office package down
I run win xp pro,512mb ddr, nvidia 5200-128 creative audio
i have removed 2000 from system this caused my e-mail not to work so i instaled once again.
i have avg anti-virus and sygate firewall also using cleaner and ad-aware not coming up with any virus or trojan on scans
please advise if possible
thanks in advance ray

MAJ 09:23 19 Dec 03

Have you tried the "Detect and Repair" option from the Help menu in Office 2000, stourry? You could also try turning off the Error Reporting function in XP:

Right-click My Computer and choose Properties.

Click the Advanced tab on your System Properties dialog box.

Click the Error Reporting button on the Advanced tab.

Place a checkmark next to "Disable error reporting."

Leave the other radio button unchecked next to the text labeled, "But notify me when critical errors occur."

Click OK.

stourry 10:08 19 Dec 03

thanks MAJ tried those things stopped error message but still not working
not sure what to do now but will try try agin
thanksonce agin ray

Taran 10:56 19 Dec 03

You could try a complete Office removal and reinstall. Uninstalling Office leaves lots of junk behind which often gets re-used on reinstallation.

Download Eraser 2000, a Microsoft tool for getting rid of the leftovers of uninstalling Office 2000 click here

You could also try MemTest, a RAM testing utility, to see if there are any obvious memory access errors showing up click here

Have you checked in your Even logs to see what the error details are, since they will often contain relevant diagnostic information. Control Panel, Administrative Tools, double click on Event Viewer and check all the events listed for errors. Ignore all listings under Information - you need to look for Warning or Error. Clicking at the top of a column heading allows you to filter the results by date, error type and so on. Double click any entry to see the details and follow the hyperlink for further information. Microsoft keep a lot of error data online and you often get all the answers to your questions by using these built in tools.

Regards

Taran

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…