Corrupt Network Adapter Windows 7

geforce474 20:38 27 Sep 14

I have a corrupt or faulty Network Adapter in Windows 7. Device Manager - Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter#2

I have tried to up date it , but Windows only says, you have the latest driver installed. Can I safely uninstall it, and reinstall without any danger to my PC

northumbria61 20:49 27 Sep 14

I assume you are using Windows 7 in which case Reinstall Network Adapter

geforce474 08:45 28 Sep 14

I have followed the " Reinstall Network Adapter " instructions you sent but when the Reinstall downloads it is the same as before with a small yellow triangle.

Question - On the 2nd to last step " Confirm Device Uninstall " do I have to tick the box " Delete the driver software for the device " as well as the OK button, or just the OK button which is what I have done

Jollyjohn 09:22 28 Sep 14

Yes delete the driver as well. Reboot and Windows should find the correct driver and install it.

geforce474 16:05 28 Sep 14

Sorry to be a nuance , but do you mean by this tick the box ( " delete the driver software for the device") and then OK Just so there is no misunderstanding . Then Reboot.

northumbria61 16:59 28 Sep 14

Yes.

geforce474 08:30 30 Sep 14

l have followed all the steps you sent me , butit wont install the new Driver " Device Driver software was not successfully installed - Network Controller - No driver found

geforce474 08:47 30 Sep 14

Hardware and Devices

Troubleshooting has completed Problems found Network Controller doesn't have a driver Not found Hardware changes might not have been detected

I have restart Windows and Automatic Updates are set. Also ran check for up dates now

geforce474 10:57 30 Sep 14

It seems I am not getting any further replies from you ?

Jollyjohn 11:08 30 Sep 14

If Windows still can't find / install the driver it would suggest the network card has failed.

A wireless usb dongle can be picked up from PC World for £7.49 click here

geforce474 12:12 30 Sep 14

I don't find this very funny, As you see I by the previous Questions and Answers in this thread I have been very careful about what I did, and I have followed all your instructions to the letter only after confirming each step with you. Now it seems the software for my Network Controller is missing after following your advice :-

" Posted September 28, 2014 at 4:05PM

Sorry to be a nuance , but do you mean by this tick the box ( " delete the driver software for the device") and then OK Just so there is no misunderstanding . Then Reboot.

northumbria61 Likes # 0

Posted September 28, 2014 at 4:59PM

Yes."

I have a ASUS MAXIMUS VI Formula which is an expensive Motherboard with high quality components There is now way I am going to buy a cheap dongle I am really not amused at the answer I am getting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009