corrupt jpg files

bigolly 09:00 AM 06 Dec 11

I have received an e-mail from my son in Botswana with with photos sent as an attachment. I have opned the photos in My Pictures. The icon images are nice and clear but on trying to enlarge them via Picasso the photos are all blurred. I have tried via searches on Google and downloaded various software but none of them seem to work.

Les28 10:07 AM 06 Dec 11

You saved the attachments from the email to My Pictures did you?

When you say icons, do you mean the thumbnail images are not blurred in My Pictures?

Hover the mouse pointer over the thumbnails in My Pictures, what are the dimensions of the pictures 300X400 etc and the size in Kb's, and did they view larger and not blurred when in your email program?

Just wondering if they were sent as small pictures in the first place, in which case enlarging them will just make them blurry. If that were the case maybe they could they be re-sent in a larger size?

Terry Brown 10:24 AM 06 Dec 11

As les28 says they are probably small (low resolution) photo's.

Try enlarging by a very small amount then use Picasa to export to a folder. (use export not save as that way you create a new photo)

Now take that exported picture and do the same again, using a different name (e.g. pic 1 , pic 2, pic 3 etc)

By this method you will gradually increase the picture quality. It may take some time and there will be a trade off between quality and size, but they should be better than a straight 'Enlarge at once' picture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…