Corrupt installation media

shamus 1 13:18 23 Jun 03

I have reinstalled Windows 98SE and reinstalled all my programs but when I insert a DVD rom from my monthly magazine into the DVD rom drive the following message appears :-

INSTALL

Corrupt installation media detected.

O.K.

I can insert a C.D. from a magazine into the same drive and it will autorun as normal.

I can access the DVD using Windows explorer.
I did try starting in safe mode but I cannot access the drive in this mode.
I would appreciate any help

JIM.

Paranoid Android 13:22 23 Jun 03

I suggest you contact PCA for a replacement disk.

Marvin

S Walch 13:23 23 Jun 03

Or upgrading to XP.

Does only the DVD form the cover magazine not work - or do others not work either?

shamus 1 13:30 23 Jun 03

All of my DVD discs from all mags generate the same message

Anon2 13:33 23 Jun 03

So - you can access the DVD via Windows explorer - but not via the drive letter?

Sounds to me like The DVD rom drive might have a fault on it.

shamus 1 13:52 23 Jun 03

Yes I can access the DVD via explorer but will not auto run.
I did take out the drive and try in another PC , the drive and the same discs are perfect.

shamus 1 09:56 24 Jun 03

I have resolved the problem by re installing windows from scratch and installed all programs & hardware but checked the DVD rom drive after every install.
The problem raised its head after installing my Umax Astra scanner 2100U.
I then deleted and uninstalled this item but the DVD rom drive problem continued.
So I shall start again and not install the scanner, has anybody any thoughts on this problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…