corrupt .doc files

isititis 07 Feb 12

Morning all, I often get .doc files from people that contain funnies etc, but when I open them, there is at the beginning, a series of 'y's or/and numbers, then the funny, followed by more letters and/or numbers. I have to go out now for a couple of hrs, but thank you in advance of any ideas as to how to correct this issue.

onthelimit1 07 Feb 12

Just a thought - are you all running the same version of Word? If not, download the Office compatibility software from MS

isititis 07 Feb 12

Thank you onthelimit1, but my wife recieves the same funnies as I do and she has no problem when she opens them, which leads me to think the problem lies with my pc. I have done a virus scan as well as adaware/spyware scans, so the pc is clean. BTW, my pc is a HP Pavilion running Win 7 Home.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message