corrupt / damage file on cd

casper69 07:50 AM 05 Dec 11

My friend has a cd with pictures on from a couple of years back this is the first time they used this cd to get the photos from and its come up saying corrupt / damaged file is there anyway the photos can be revived?

daz60 08:31 AM 05 Dec 11

Data Recovery

There are a couple of things here you could try.Advantage is not installing onto Pc/laptop.Not tried myself so cannot verify effectiveness.

mooly 08:39 AM 05 Dec 11

Try the CD in another PC, it may just work and allow the files to be read and copied.

Is the disc clean. Use a little spray polish and buff with a clean duster.

The disc may have deteriorated and be totally unreadable. There are many reports of this happening although I have never experienced this myself.

Terry Brown 09:53 AM 05 Dec 11

try a recovery program like CDCHECK select the recovery option and a place on theharddrive to place the recovered files.

There is a free (fully functional) trial period

This checks the CD/DVD bit by bit and recovers as much as possible.

johnathann 10:28 AM 05 Dec 11

there are some good software out there to recover lost data from CDs. Search in Google to find one and try using it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:54 PM 05 Dec 11
  Terry Brown 10:13 AM 06 Dec 11

Hi Fruitbat

The CD check program was created by kpivu and is the only authorised dealer to try /buy it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued