Correcting a Foxit Reader upgrade

Housten 14:30 21 Dec 13

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen,

I hope someone can help an increasingly stupid pensioner.

I spotted there was an upgrade to the Foxit PDF programme that I have, so I downloaded it. Being in the middle of something else I carried on with it, I finished I off, then forgot all about the upgrade! About two weeks later I found it and did the upgrade, declining anything extra, Chrome and other stuff. However when I started up Excel - and in the top row of what you can click to get it to do - I found there was an extra row which had 3 items in it. These were to do with creating a PDF file, which I do not do, and do not think I will ever wish to do. Eventually I found out that if I clicked an icon I got a whole list of 'Toolbar Options', the bottom one of which was the Foxit option. I clicked the tick beside this option and thought no more about it. But it keeps coming back!! Is there anyone who can tell me what else I have to do to get rid of these exceedingly annoying icons permanently? They are really annoying, and whilst it is not too much trouble to untick them, I am worried that I am going to forget and the file will have these on permanently, and this I do not want!!

Many thanks in advance. A Very Merry Christmas and a Marvellous New Year to everyone one who reads and replies to these exceeding useful Forums.

alB* 15:44 21 Dec 13

Housten, I noticed the last time I updated Foxit that it seems to now contains a lot of bloatware, I decided to uninstall the latest version and go back to an earlier version (5.4.5.0124 in my case) and that fixed my problems, you can get earlier version from from FileHippo enter link description here Hope this helps, ...alB

The Kestrel 17:29 21 Dec 13

I too found Foxit, which I have used for several years, has increasingly added more and more bloatware. I now use Sumatra PDF, which is a much smaller program and works perfectly for me.

click here

woodchip 18:20 21 Dec 13

Best way is Uninstall and Delete the PDF program then reinstall the latest version

Housten 14:21 02 Jan 14

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen,

Many apologies for taking so long to reply but having deleted Foxit.reader and instlled a new '.pdf. reader I wished to use it without thinking about it. Well I could not find my car insurance policy this morning, started a slight panic, completely forgot about trying out the reader, opened an email and printed a copy of my policy! It worked straight off with no problems whatsoever, so I guess I will be staying with 'Sumatra' pdf reader. A big advantage is that it is not that big, and quick!!! So thank you very much indeed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced