correct terminolgy

  purdu 20:55 22 Aug 03

Is there a preferred way of writing CD-Rom for book publishing? cd-rom? CD-Rom or CD-ROM? Any ideas?
Thank you.

  jazzypop 21:06 22 Aug 03

The Oxford Dictionary refer to a CD-ROM (see click here ), but I would also check with your publisher, as they often have in-house guidelines

  DieSse 21:08 22 Aug 03

Since it is an acronym, the standard way to write acronyms is in capital letters.

  mistagf 21:37 22 Aug 03

Would agree with both of the above.

Manuals and specs for the company I work for refer to CD-ROM , DVD- ROM

  purdu 10:52 23 Aug 03

As we all seem to be in agreement, it looks like CD-ROM. Many thanks for your help.

  Forum Editor 10:55 23 Aug 03

the letters stand for CompactDisk - ReadOnlyMemory, and should be typed as CD-ROM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…