Correct Orientation for fitting a HSF on Skt775

Audio~~Chip 22:17 29 Sep 09

Currenlty near completion of fitting a Noctua NH-U12P socket LGA 775 Processor cooler for a Quad core on a Asus P5QL Pro which will go into a Antec Solo ATX Case.

The fan on the Noctua HSF has to be fitted manually. This HSF can also fit 2 but I only got one with it and may only need the one as I am not over clocking.

The back of the Antec Solo case has a 3 way Fan already fitted. The Fan on the Noctua fits on the side to the HSF not on the top flat. Which side does it fit on the HSF facing, which way and should the blades be facing?

Should it be fitted so the fan faces the memory side to the front of the case or between the Rear Case fan and the fan fitted one the back of the HSF? Also does the fan when fitting to the Heatsink itself fit with the inner of the blade facing out or the oval outer curve facing out

Very confusing and hopefully not to sound to much of a dummy but don't want to fry the quad core.

Audio~~Chip 22:30 29 Sep 09

The Blades of the fan face outwards which drags the air in through the Grill of this cooler and out through the rear case fan.

The fan when 1 is fitted faces the memory side. So Airflow comes from the Front of case through stream and out the rear like a exhaust. Neve fitted a HSF with a fan on its edge before.

Technotiger 22:36 29 Sep 09

Beyond my capabilities, but maybe you can find something here ...

click here

OTT_Buzzard 23:32 29 Sep 09

Hope you're going to supply some pics and benchmrk scores for the build!

Did you get the other PC's slow booting problem sorted out?

Audio~~Chip 00:42 30 Sep 09

Only just fitted the HSF in the case, WOW it is BIG! still got to get the memory in yet hopefully in the post if the RM decide to do some work tomorrow. Got to suss out how the Antec Solo HDD suspension system works without dropping the HDD.

Technotriger, got it sorted thanks before you answered, just.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5