The correct Gmail help line phone number

seafire123 17:08 01 Jun 15

There are quite a few numbers online saying that they're Gmail's support no (all different). I rang one of the numbers, and they said my Gmail account had been infected and they would sell me some software to protect my PC which would cost £200 minimum, even though I already have a virus check. Then, after getting access to my system through Team Viewer, they said they could help but it would cost £80. It was obviously a scam. I need a genuine number with access to people who know what they're doing, who don't try to sell a dubious virus check, or charge an arm and a leg for their services.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:21 01 Jun 15

What is your problem with Gmail we can probably sort it out here?

Because you have let someone access your machine with team viewer I suggest you scan for virus and malware immediately?

seafire123 22:10 01 Jun 15

Thanks - I'm running a full virus check now. As for what's gone wrong - I usually bring my emails into Thunderbird, and was getting lots of spam in my webmails (I have 3 addresses). The local PC help people said I could use bring the webmails into Gmail, as it has an excellent spam detector. However, when I followed the instructions in Gmail to do this, it began to pull into Thunderbird every email from the year dot (in my Gmail account). So each time it refreshed in Thunderbird, I would get 300 emails from 2013. I then went and deleted everything up to 2015, but it carried on refreshing with 2013 emails, then 2014. One morning I had 5000 emails in my Thunderbird. Gmail does certainly weed out the spam from my webmails, but I've had to delete my Gmail account from Thunderbird and MS Outlook as I just couldn't deal with the thousands of old emails. I've gone through all my settings in both Gmail and Thunderbird about 10 times and can't see what I've done wrong. Gmail on the web is no problem (although I still thinks I'm using 50% of my full quota of 15GB, so has obviously still got all those emails somewhere in its guts), it's just using an email client that is the problem.

xania 09:26 02 Jun 15

Have you tried this?

click here

lotvic 11:48 02 Jun 15

When you set up the Account in Thunderbird, did you choose POP email or IMAP?

POP email, The email client on your pc will download from the WebServer every email that it hasn't 'seen' before. This is normal behaviour.

IMAP email, The email client on your pc will synchronise the folders on Thunderbird account and the folders on the WebServer. This is normal behaviour.

"Gmail on the web is no problem (although I still thinks I'm using 50% of my full quota of 15GB, so has obviously still got all those emails somewhere in its guts)"

You need to go through all the email folders on your Gmail WebServer and delete the emails there, and empty the Trash folder, 'Delete Forever' then they won't be there for your email client to download.

Gmail HowTo: Message actions (delete, archive, & more) ClickHere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…