correct DVD discs???????????????

raggy 2 18:24 06 Dec 05

I have a Pioneer (DVD-RW DVR-108)so correct me if i'm wrong I should be able to make DVD's with this?? I also have bought Imation DVD-R 8x discs to use, but when I try to make a disc from downloaded movies from my camcorder on Pinnacle 8 it states, " this disc is either not formatted or corrupt or not using a formatt that is compatible with windows" where am I going wrong, does anyone else have pinnacle 8 or later or another programme that they have successfully used to make DVD's please help.
Raggy

Rogerfredo 18:46 06 Dec 05

Can you capture your camcorder movies to the hard drive successfully?
If Pinnacle will not do this perhaps Windows Movie maker will (free).This will not convert to DVD format though.(creates AVI file).
I use Intervideo WinDVD creator.
How old is your Pioneer drive? Sometimes older drives need new firmware before they will work with faster media. Sorry I can't help with specifics.

Smiler 19:01 06 Dec 05

What make of media are you using?

Perhaps the firmware doesn't recognise the media.

What firmware revision is it?

Revision number 1.20 is available here click here

Smiler 19:03 06 Dec 05

Sorry just reread your post and see it's Imation Media :-)

raggy 2 19:20 06 Dec 05

My pioneer is 1 yr old, and all the film has gone to my hard drive and edited but wont make a DVD

Smiler 12:33 07 Dec 05

Have a browse or ask your question --> click here you may find the answer

Smiler 12:38 07 Dec 05

Note that only the posts for the last 30 days are shown if you want to see more posts use the drop down list near the top of the page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…