Corporate Action threatening e-mails?

clock 10:42 12 Feb 05

Since changing ISP from a small local provider I have been receiving e-mails from Tiscali, MO2, now BT Group, threatening Corporate Action for a person, not me!!

I have binned all such e-mails and reported one to BT, also informed my ISP who suggested I get in touch with all 3 companies!

Perhaps wrongly I assume someone is trying to hijack my computer. Any throughts please?

Clock

Jackcoms 10:46 12 Feb 05

You don't say why you are suddenly receiving these e-mails. There must be a reason.

"also informed my ISP who suggested I get in touch with all 3 companies!"

Seems perfectly sensible advice to me.

clock 19:40 12 Feb 05

If I knew why I was getting such e-mails I wouldn't have posted the query would I??

I assume because of the new ISP on a much larger system I am more open to spam etc.,?

Clock

Jackcoms 19:50 12 Feb 05

Don't be facetious with me. This is a Help room and that's what I'm trying to do - help.

Have you actually contacted your ISP??

FelixTCat 20:00 12 Feb 05

When you receive these emails, do they include any snippets of a previous mailing? I have occasionally had an email address hijacked and used for spam - it has been found in somebody's address book and I get something like an "undeliverable mail - address not known" reply to me for something I haven't sent.

First, do a complete system scan for viruses and spyware to make sure that your computer hasn't been hijacked. Close your firewall to ALL programs and when they ask for access next time, only allow those you recognise.

If all else fails, ask your new ISP for a new login and email address.

clock 09:32 14 Feb 05

To Jackcoms and Felix Cat,

Thanks for trying to help. Yes I have contacted my ISP (see original posting), yes I have run a virus scan and my security stops virtually anything getting in. Pop ups blocked etc., recommended security settings or higher!!

Jackcoms, - sorry I wasn't being facetious, just re-iterating what was in my original posting.

I'm a silver surfer, not used to this Forum stuff, so thought I would just give it a try!

Will close this thread as resolved, thanks.

Clock

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…