CorelDRAW X3

Please can someone lead me by the hand in CorelDraw to 'scroll down' the corner of an image (as if a notice has curled off a noticeboard as the reult of a missing drawing pin) ?
Thanks
- Wol

Diemmess 13:32 21 Apr 06

With the vector drawing "CorelDraw", as far as I know the procedure is complex and seldom satisfactory involving all sorts of transformations and dragging with the pick tool.
But if you have Photopaint.............

If you have Corel Photopaint - for editing any picture.

Open the image.
Choose Effects from the top menu bar
Select 3-D effects and Page Curl
At this point you have controls to set which corner, how much, and what shading you want.

In some circumstances and with a lot of trying it is possible to import a drawing into a new photopaint file and curl this. (Have just tried it)
If you want details of that then prepare for a long list of things to do!!

Thanks Diemmess, that's most helpful. If you have the time to let me have the import steps details I'd be equally grateful.
Thanks
- Wol

Diemmess 15:07 21 Apr 06

Will have the time a bit later today...
Meanwhile, fill me in a little...

You have a Corel Graphics Suite (Draw + Paint + etc)? Version ?

You want to curl a .CDR or one of the picture images like .jpg, .tiff etc. please say what in format you have this file at present?

flyingbrit 15:08 21 Apr 06

What do you want to import, and to where? I have been playing around with Photo-Paint for years now, from verson 8 upto X3 and it still gets to me(lol) Here are a few sites with tutorials on to get you going, they've helped me...britsdad
click here
click here
click here

flyingbrit 15:11 21 Apr 06

Oooppss, forgot to mention, the tutorials are for older versions but the basics are the same.

I have CorelDraw and Corel Photopaint X3 and was hoping to use mainly .jpg files.

Thanks to flyingbrit too

Wol

Diemmess 20:31 21 Apr 06

jpg files are fine for your purpose.
flyingbrit gave some useful links and there's Corel's own tutorials.

Repeating what I said earlier
Open your image (jpg).

Choose Effects from the top menu bar

From the dropdown select 3-D Effects
and then Page Curl

At this point you have controls to set which corner, how much, and what shading you want.
You can choose transparent or opaque for the peeled corner.
Also the colour of the background which shows where the corner has peeled back.

Currently using Corel v. 12 but much the same facility exists in v.9 from memeory its just a bit harder to find!

Thanks very much indeed.

- Wol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac