Coreldraw 9 runtime error

satyr77 23:25 20 Jan 03
  satyr77 23:25 20 Jan 03

When attempting to launch Coreldraw 9 (Windows ME operating system) get runtime error msg and program will not open after clicking "OK" box (the only option). Have uninstalled new software (card and calendar creation programs installed at Christmas) and done system restore but problem persists. Any ideas?

VoG™ 23:34 20 Jan 03

What is the exact error message?

satyr77 09:45 21 Jan 03

Program asks for clipart disk. Click cancel. Program launches with selection boxes in mid screen. Select "new graphic" then....
Runtime error
C:\program files\Corel\graphics9\programs\Coreldraw.exe
Abnormal program termination

Uninstalling and re-installing after system restore to earliest available waypoint have not resolved issue.

Gongoozler 09:55 21 Jan 03

satyr77, I found this on the site click here. Is it of any help?

Problem - C++ Runtime error when starting Draw 9 or Draw 9 Office Edition.

Answer: - If the customer has VBA installed, uninstall CorelDraw 9 completely and re-install it without VBA.

satyr77 10:02 21 Jan 03

Thanks for info. but I don't have Visual Basic. I've been through pages of Google searches but nothing appears to fit the bill.

Gongoozler 17:43 21 Jan 03

satyr77, in the bad old days when I worked for a living I often spent a few minutes of my lunchtimes looking at the CorelDraw newsgroup. They were very good at advising on CorelDraw problems. I haven't looked at the available newsgroups recently, but they probably are still running.

satyr77 22:15 21 Jan 03

Many thanks Gongoozler - I'll see what the newsgroup can offer!

Gongoozler 09:30 22 Jan 03

Hi satyr77, these two links may be of help to you.

click here

click here

satyr77 14:02 23 Jan 03

Thanks again, Gongoozler. I haven't had a chance to look at these yet but will report progress.

Diemmess 15:58 23 Jan 03

Corel 9 seems to live ill at ease with Windows at the best of times.

In case you haven't noticed there are two huge sevice packs of Corel draw available to download. Once you are out of this mess it could be worth your while to visit the site, but you will need well over an hour to download (from my memory) about 35 and 15MB of code.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…