Core2Duo or Pentium D

fifemale93 18:17 10 Oct 06

Found 2 pc's which are very similar in terms of price and spec apart from the processor. 1 is Intel Core2Duo E6300 (1.86Ghz 1066Mhz 2MB Cache)(upgradable to Viiv technology, that any better) and the other is IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® D Processor 945 (3.4GHz, 800MHz, 2x2MB Cache)

Which out the 2 is better overall (both PC's have 1GB RAM, Dell Dimension E520'S)

Any help would be great!!

JanaMan 18:22 10 Oct 06

Core 2 duo - i think? - it has a lower spec but logically it is actally two processors so its kind of 1.86x2 - i think im right in sayin that.

Get the Core2 Duo E6300 -
It has 2 logical proccesor (two brains )
It is much newer and would be more expensive on the general market.
Because it has two logicall proccessors it can do two things better at the same time whereas the Pentium D would struggle in juggling the two around.

Im real sorry if u dont get that - basically get the core 2 duo

fifemale93 18:26 10 Oct 06

So you think the Core2Duo then Jana lol, thanks for that. any more thoughts be good though!!

powerless 18:38 10 Oct 06

Core2Duo without question.

JanaMan 19:03 09 Nov 06

I think the Core 2 duo would have a much better performance. Im going to be building or buying another comp soon
personnally i would choose the Core2duo
I think it much faster and future proof

anskyber 19:13 09 Nov 06

This site is usually up to date with interactive charts on relative performance against different tests, eg games or multi tasking. click here but it might let you look at close comparitors. The Core duo is almost certainly likey to be the winner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now