Cordless phone re-chargable batteries

Sapins 15:52 20 Oct 08

I have a Alcaltel Versatis 550 Duo cordless phone which has started to disconnect after an hour during calls. The handsets are always replaced on the base stations after a call. I have had it about 5/6 years, could the batteries need replacing? I'm wondering if the discharge/recharge cycles start when you make a call and then replace the handset, if so it looks likely that the batteries have reached the end of their useful life, I would like this confirmed before I buy some new batteries, otherwise the phone gets binned and the cost of batteries goes toward a new phone.

Technotiger 15:59 20 Oct 08

After 5/6 years I think you would be better getting a new replacement phone.

Sapins 16:01 20 Oct 08

I was thinking along those lines, maybe take the opportunity to get an up to date, better phone.

Technotiger 16:03 20 Oct 08

Yes, I was thinking 'up-to-date' .....

Sapins 16:07 20 Oct 08

That's it then, off shopping tomorrow, after some research first. Thanks for the advice,

Regards,

Sapins.

Digital 16:07 20 Oct 08

Sapins, before you bin it try here to price batteries:
click here

Stuartli 19:35 20 Oct 08

You are lucky if the batteries have lasted so long - I used to reckon on about two years for those in an earlier BT analogue cordless phone.

Woolwell 21:20 20 Oct 08

I have a Panasonic digital cordless phone that is now 6 years old. It has never had a new battery and is going strong.

Stuartli 00:02 21 Oct 08

That's good going, but presumably analogue cordless phones placed a higher demand on batteries.

Certainly my two current DECT phone models (which both use rechargeable AAA batteries) have much longer standby and talk time periods.

Sapins 09:13 21 Oct 08

I think I'll try and sell it with new batteries, that way I can go for a phone with more facilities:-)

Thanks everyone for your input,

Regards,

Sapins.

Halmer 10:36 21 Oct 08

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…