Cordless Optical Mouse

User-394903 14:07 24 Dec 05

A cordless multimedia keyboard and cordless optical mouse (PC-KBC300) have been instsalled. The keyboard works fine up to now, but the mouse is giving huge problems when scrolling up/down.
When the scroll wheel is used, the page jumps in a violent way and often changes pages. (I didn't think that possible). It does not matter if I scroll slow or fast, it happens all the time.
I don't know if the following will help. If I leave the computer and return later, the page that was on the monitor when I left it, is still there when I return.
I thank you in anticipation of a useful response.

woodchip 14:52 24 Dec 05

Just try this first right click My Computer\Properties\Advanced\Performance\Settings tick the box for Smooth-Scroll List boxes, click ok. See if improves any

keith-236785 16:02 24 Dec 05

did the keyboard/mouse come with any drivers. if so have you installed them to get all the features to work (if you have winxp i dont think it will be an issue)

check the mouse properties in control panel/mouse and see if you can slow the scrolling down to an acceptable level.

good luck

Blackhat 23:28 24 Dec 05

I had a similar problem with an optical mouse and found that it was my mouse mat that was reflective and confusing the optical mouse. try on a non reflective surface?

keith-236785 14:12 25 Dec 05

Blackhat

you do not need a mouse mat with an optical mouse, in fact as you have found out they can actually cause problems. just use the mouse on your desktop/tabletop or wherever you have your pc.

Totally-braindead 14:19 25 Dec 05

Resolved? What cured it digijack, always useful to put in what the solution was so others can see when they search for the same problem and its solution.

woodchip 15:55 25 Dec 05

He sent a Mail. I told him to use a A4 Paper taped down

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…