CORDLESS MOUSE STOPPING COMPUTER GOING TO SLEEP

Madmarianne 18:12 18 Apr 05

I purchased a beautifully coloured (metallic red) cordless mouse and keyboard some months' ago with a particularly attractive sensor (looks like a spaceship with a blue flashing light - awesome). However, since plugging it in, my computer very rarely goes into standby and sleep mode and when it does it gets 'woken up' by the mouse which seems to be able to automatically right click itself quite randomly! I don't want to go back to my wired versions (which worked fine), but I like to leave my computer on all the time and am not happy about the energy implications of it never going into standby and sleep mode. I've tried it with and without the software it came with installed and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Any ideas as to how I might get this hardware functioning properly would be much appreciated.

mattyc_92 18:15 18 Apr 05

Have you tried changing teh batteries/recharging the batteries??

Fingees 18:24 18 Apr 05

Enter Bios and look for Power Management.

Make sure wake up by mouse is disabled

Madmarianne 21:33 18 Apr 05

After I bought the mouse I changed the batteries that it was supplied with to some new Duracell Ultra batteries. I have not changed them since. Any ideas how I access BIOS in XP?

VoG II 21:36 18 Apr 05
  Madmarianne 23:59 18 Apr 05

Thanks, I managed to go into BIOS and found that the mouse was already disabled.

ashdav 00:21 19 Apr 05

I have this problem. I found the cure was to lift the mouse off of the surface it was resting on so that the LED couldn't focus. It then went into rest mode. I now park it on a biro when not in use.

Madmarianne 10:23 19 Apr 05

Thanks that sounds promising, I'll try it and report back later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now