Cordless mouse randomly loses control

Grendel 10:34 02 Nov 03

Packard Bell CO-5P cordless optical mouse used with Packard Bell PC. PS/2 connection from receiver / charge unit to PC, mouse always fully charged & well within radio range. Randomly and suddenly the mouse loses control; initially the active window loses focus, then a series of right-click menus appears, or web pages may scroll up / down on their own - as if mouse is making its own button inputs (has 4 buttons + scroll wheel). Disconnectng the PS/2 cable and reconnecting it immediately resolves the problem, however it can happen several times within minutes (although also not at all for hours). No problem with other mice so PC is OK. This mouse was originally ?70 but was recently selling for ?9.99 in local electrical store... Coincidence or not??

WaiKent 10:47 02 Nov 03

a friend had the same problem when he played games but not on desktop. he just exchanged the mouse and got another one. a different brand. or you could try and change the channel if it is possible and it might be recieved well. also keep the reciever away from metallic surfaces etc.

spuds 11:51 02 Nov 03

I have the Packard Bell C-3UP cordless.Great little gizmo.I was going to suggest that you check your battery power or connections, but I see you state 'fuuly charged'. This was a problem that I have occassionally with power being the fault.As you say, the price for these models are about ten pounds now [prices seem flucuated rapidly], so I would purchase another, and see how you get on, just in case it is an internal failure pending on your existing units.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…