cordless mouse & keyboard??

stoner 14:35 19 Apr 03

I am thinking of upgrading to cordless mouse & keyboard but am hesitant worried that it will cause conflict with any wireless network systems I set up?

What do you think?

monkeyshine 14:39 19 Apr 03

Don't think it will cause any problems, but you could use Infra-red if you want to be 100% sure.

stoner 14:53 19 Apr 03

Thanks for that monkeyshine, but how do you do "infra-red"?

powerless 14:58 19 Apr 03

Infra red - like your TV remote Control.

monkeyshine 18:07 19 Apr 03

Don't get wireless, get infra re

johnufc 23:17 20 Apr 03

won't interfere with wireless lan setup. I've used wireless keyboard & mouse for ages now - I wouldn't go back to wires. Try Microsoft or Logitech or Memorex and hey, have a look here for something else...

click here

Steve N 00:21 21 Apr 03

Well i bought Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop a while back and while it was very comfortable there was noticable lag using the mouse for gaming compared to a wired mouse. I eventually got the corded versions which i am happy with now.

A good fast reponse cordless mouse seems to be the Logitech MX700 it is expensive but the reviews of it seem good.

I also experienced some interference with the mouse when I received mobile calls. The mouse would stutter round like mad.

They are nice and I wish i could afford the MX700 but being a student it is a bit out of my price range.

Good luck!

-pops- 07:46 21 Apr 03

Whichever non-wired devices you go for, make sure you always have spare batteries. If you use rechargeables, keep them well charged. These things have a nasty habit of giving up the ghost at inconvenient times - like bank holidays!

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos