Cordless Mouse Driver/Software

boringstoke 12:02 24 Jan 04

I have purchased a Packard Bell cordless mouse where the driver/software is provided on a floppy disk. My Compaq laptop does not have a floppy drive. Would it be possible to copy the software to a CD R & load it or is the disk protected? I have contacted P Bell with no response as yet.

Alternitavely, does anyone know of a cordless mouse on the market with the driver/software on a CD.

AubreyS 12:28 24 Jan 04

You can copy the drivers from the floppy to disk, or there may be newer drivers on Packard Bell's site that you could download.

igk 13:08 24 Jan 04

You don't say what o/s you are using,if win xp home or pro you may find the drivers already there if they are then do as AubreyS says to update them

Chegs ® 14:21 24 Jan 04

I have three cordless mice,they all work as-is,the PS/2 mouse driver comes with any windows,they even work in DOS.The only reason to install the software is to get any extra features.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…