//some 3rd party need geo

cordless keyboard range?

SteevScotland 20:02 17 Feb 03

If any of you are using a cordless keyboard can you tell me how far away from the pc you can go with it?

I am looking for a range of around 4 to 5 meters.

Cheers S

Cordy13 20:13 17 Feb 03

You should get that with an R/F unit.

SteevScotland 20:17 17 Feb 03

I have tried looking on thw web at some R/F(what does that mean?) keyboards the maximum range i can find is 3m.

Cheers S

Cordy13 20:35 17 Feb 03

Radio Frequency, as opposed to InfraRed which is line of sight. You should be able to get 5 metres away quite easily.

SteevScotland 20:49 17 Feb 03

I thought so. Line of sight isnt realy a problem as long as i get the range.

Cheers S

SteevScotland 21:26 17 Feb 03

Will the bluetooth the same range as normal bluetooth devices? I hear this is around 10 meters!

Cheers S

Cordy13 21:35 17 Feb 03

How big is your monitor, you probably cannot read a 15" from more than 2 metres.

SteevScotland 21:52 17 Feb 03

Im using my widescreen TV as a monitor. You get good results with large fonts and a fairley low resolution. Its on my second PC which I cues as a home entertainment centre.

Cheers S

SteevScotland 21:24 05 Mar 03

I have been looking for a decent infrared keyboard but all the ones I can find are RF.

Does any one know where I can get one? Also are Microsoft the only people who make a bluetooth option?

Cheers S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…