Copyright Protection on Nero

Poloman69 20:28 27 Jan 04

My kids love watching DVD's but being kids they don't really think about looking after them and our Monster's Inc DVD is getting very worn with lots of scratches.

I tried to create a back-up of it using Nero 6, so that if they do wreck it - i have a backup
(which if i am not wrong i am allowed to do - is this right?)

But when i try to use Nero - it comes up with a message saying that i cannot do so due to that the DVD is copyrighted.

How can i create a back-up for personal use in the home? Can nero do it - or do i have to look at other software.

If i do need to look at other software - are there any good ones you could recommend as it would be very costly to replace them with new one's?

Chegs ® 20:33 27 Jan 04

I dont wish to upset anyone but...

DVD's are copyright protected to STOP you from making a backup.Nero recognises this and wont do it.There are ways to defeat copyright,but this post would get deleted if anyone placed a link to a site to allow it.Same probably goes for suggestions for ways to do it.PCA wont allow anything that explains how to break the law on copyright.

leo49 20:42 27 Jan 04
  Poloman69 20:54 27 Jan 04

Cheers

Better start looking in the sales or on Ebay

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…