Copyright, how to get it?

Mysticnas 19:09 09 Sep 03

hi,

i've developed some programs and entertainment artifacts....

however, i want to them copyrighted. How do i go about doing it? How much does it cost?

What, if any, are the alternative to copyrighting?

Thanks

Nas

mikef. 19:19 09 Sep 03

click here for all official copyright info..

Peverelli 19:43 09 Sep 03
  Mysticnas 19:52 09 Sep 03

...so i don't have to go anywhere and pay for a special registration then?

I thought i may have to go to some official place and get them to sign some sort of papers to say that it's made by me etc...

Peverelli 20:01 09 Sep 03

No you don't need to pay, although it might be worth seeing what you get for your money, and then you can decide for yourself if it's worth the expense. As long as you can prove it was in your possession before anyone else's then you're on very strong ground.

I write my own songs and I copyright by using the special delivery post option. That way I can put over a dozen songs on to a CD (used to be cassette tape) and then send it to myself. It works out as a very cheap option and it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for somebody else to say the songs belonged to them.

Peverelli 20:06 09 Sep 03

It's different of course if you have invented something and you need a Patent.

Also, it might be a good idea to do a little research. In my case case, it's very unlikely that somebody else would have written the same song as me, but as for programs and 'entertainment artifacts' then there might be a chance that somebody else has had the same idea.

BTW, what are entertainment artifacts?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…