copyright dilemma

Analyst02 16:22 05 Oct 04

I am in the process of doing my webpage/site.

I have now come to the position where i need to upload some images.

There are some sites already (one especially) that offer the kind of thing that i am looking for. These photo's are copyrighted and so i duely emailed the owners asking if it would be possible if i was to use these photo's in return for some free advertising on my site and links to theirs. They have decided that they dont want to allow this, So i am going to have to source my own photo's.

After i have taken the photo's what is involved in me accuring copyright for them? Is it a case of just stating the fact that they are my work and putting a watermark on them? or do i have to register them in some way?

Is there anyway other than daubing them with a watermark that i can use to stop people copying the photo's once they have been uploaded?

party-time 16:51 05 Oct 04

You don't need to copyright them. You have an automatic copyright to content you create. Watermarking them will create a disincentive for someone to steal your photos. And, yes, they are "photos", not "photo's". Spell check and grammar check each page if you don't want your site to look amateurish.

Forum Editor 18:14 05 Oct 04

A photographer automatically owns the copyright in images he/she takes. You don't need to do anything to assert your copyright, but it makes sense to put a copyright claim at the bottom of the homepage:

"All images and text copyright Analyst02 2004. All rights reserved. Reproduction of images or text from this website in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without express written permission of Analyst02 is prohibited."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…