Copy/paste Excel to Ppoint

Picklefactory 09:44 06 Mar 08

I have a simple Excel 2007 spreadsheet and I'm copy/pasting bits into a PPoint slideshow. I'm only copying small sections of a sheet (8 rows x 3 columns)which have a simple thick line outside border, thin line between cells and a some coloured fonts. I did this yesterday with no issue at all, using paste special and pasting as enhanced metafile picture, but for some reason today when I do this, all the fonts are black when pasted(Colours gone) and 2 out of the 4 thick outside border lines are missing. Anyone come across anything similar. I've tried pasting special with ALL available formats, non give me a true image. I have no clue if I've altered something inadvertently or why this is happening. I've restarted both XL and PP, to no effect, tried repeating some blocks that have remained untouched on XL and are already pasted OK in PP, they now refuse to give same result.
Either I've done something dumb or it's strange glitch.
Any ideas folks?

Picklefactory 09:51 06 Mar 08

I can work around it by editing picture in PP and changing it to drawing object, but it wasn't happening yesterday, so stumped.

VoG II 09:52 06 Mar 08

No help whatsoever I know but I've just tried this using Paste and several Paste Special options and they all preserve the colours and borders.

Picklefactory 09:57 06 Mar 08

Yeah, that's what's confusing me, it was all so simple yesterday, today it hates me. Think I'll try complete reboot just in case.

Picklefactory 10:05 06 Mar 08

Just on closing down XL, I'm getting compatability checker giving me following 'Minor loss of fidelity' error
'Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available'
Strange, being as workbook was created in XL 07 and saved as xlsm format. I understand there being an issue if I wanted to open in earlier version, but creating and saving in same version shouldn't be a problem, should it? Incidentally, PP is also 07 and saving as pptx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac